dinsdag 1 november 2011

2nd. handy update

Hello friends,

 this morning the surgeon was not happy about my hand's recovery. In spite of  the good physiotherapeutical treatments twice a week, I am still suffering nasty squeezy pains in the finger that's still stiff. The tendon problems in the palm are not diminishing either.
He has sent me through to a hand therapist at the UMCG, in Groningen. We hope they can help me forward to (total) cure and suppleness........
 I keep ( some of ) my  fingers crossed; would you  please join me?
 I really do hope so very very much, that I can stitch by hand again, whenever it may be!
And I hope the special hand therapy can start soon; I'll have to wait for
their call.
 Yesterday I tried to stitch some little blocks on the machine, just straight seams, but it was not much of a success :>(
My right hand can not be pressed down flat to lead the fabric properly, so the fabric took the Drunkard's Path Route... and I stopped sewing, putting the machine back to where it came from: behind the curtains :>)
 A couple af new and 2ndhand books I bought were delivered today, so I can go on reading about and planning for the future quilting projects.

This is one of those wonderful Autumn days, calm, fresh, sunny,  and a carpet of magnificent coloured leaves covering the outdoor world.
I love and enjoy it!
Hope you can enjoy this day too.

  Cheers!

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Gatver en dan zeg ik het nog netjes...dat is op zijn zachtst gezegd slecht nieuws.....Tuurlijk was het lekker weer maar wat zul je balen...Ik denk aan je...
    XXXXXX en liefs,
    Stel

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I will be thinking and praying for your full recovery!!

    Blessings

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thinking of you and hoping that soon you will be much better ...sending a hug

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. O Jeanneke, wat ontzettend vervelend voor je dat het niet opschiet met je vinger. Laten we hopen dat ze in Groningen méér voor je kunnen doen. Misschien is daar meer expertise en het is altijd goed als er eens een andere expert met een frisse blik naar kijkt.
    Niet te erg in de put zitten, hoor, het komt vast wel goed, ook al duurt het lang.
    Gelukkig heb je nu alle tijd om te genieten van een superherfst en lekker lang te lezen. Heb je al iets moois uitgezocht om te maken om een vervelende periode af te sluiten als het eenmaal zo ver is?
    Hartelijke groet,
    Els G.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen